From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:17:47
1 On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 01:27:30 +0100, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > If I can give you an advice: don't create a "new" livecd from scratch.
4 > Take an Ubuntu, Knoppix or similar live cd, just add these three files
5 > in a /gentoo directory, and re-release it xerox, with just the three
6 > files added and a Gentoo logo somewhere.
7
8 Or simply rebuild the existing CD with a newer kernel. Almost all of the
9 complaints about it being out of date can be traced back to the users'
10 hardware not being supported in the kernel used a year ago.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I locked my coathanger in my car; good thing I had a key.