From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:14:01
1 On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:01:34 +0100
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, November 22, 2011 11:47 pm, William Kenworthy wrote:
5 >
6 > <snipped>
7 >
8 > > YMMV ... VB is stable and rarely if ever breaks, app and modules
9 > > "just work" - performance is as good as vmware
10 >
11 > I actually found VB to have better performance.
12 >
13 > When using virtual machines, I tend to run multiple simultaneously.
14 > VirtualBox can handle more on similar hardware the VMWare.
15 > The settings for the VMs (harddisk size, memory size) are identical.
16 > For video-settings, as they generally tend to run server
17 > applications, I really don't care for those and the basic is
18 > generally sufficient.
21 I notice this entire thread has carefully steered around ESXi
22
23 Now there's an interesting product, with a truly fascinating licensing
24 and pricing model.
29 Alan McKinnnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com