From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] webkit-gtk grumbles
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:54:32
1 I'm sick of building webkit-gtk. My oldest machine (a dual-core AMD64) has been
2 building webkit for 6 hours and still going :(
3
4 Can anyone answer a few questions for me, please?
5
6 1) Why do we not have a binary webkit package in portage, like libreoffice-bin,
7 firefox-bin, thunderbird-bin, etc?
8
9 2) Why does webkit-gtk drag in ruby and several ruby gems? I've wasted hours
10 trying to untangle conflicts between multiple ruby versions, which I need *only*
11 because webkit-gtk drags them in. I have no other need for ruby.
12
13 3) Why does webkit-gtk have a "spell" useflag? Why does an html rendering
14 engine need a spellcheck function?
15
16 Thanks for any insights.
17
18 (I'm not maximally grumpy, merely slightly grumpy :)