From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network manager [ control of wireless and wired interafaces]
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:48:21
1 On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:19:32 AM German wrote:
2 > Hi. I was said that I need network manager to control my interfaces. What
3 package should I emerge? I am in console mode. Is that ncurses based or
4 command line? Any other pointers on how this can be configured are welcome.
5 Thanks
9 net-misc/networkmanager
10
11 It comes with CLI tools but it's usually used with a frontend GUI. See
12 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NetworkManager#NetworkManager_GUI_bits_in_GTK
13
14 For KDE I use kde-misc/plasma-nm. If you don't have a desktop it propably
15 makes more sense to just use wpa_supplicant directly.
16
17 If you use systemd net-misc/netctl has a nice curses UI but I've only tried on
18 Arch.
21 Fernando Rodriguez