From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: TCP Queuing problem
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 21:45:11
1 On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 01:47:28 PM Grant wrote:
2 > >> I haven't mentioned it yet, but several times I've seen the website
3 > >> perform fine all day until I browse to it myself and then all of a
4 > >> sudden it's super slow for me and my third-party monitor. WTF???
5 > >
6 > > I had a similar problems once when routing through a IPsec VPN tunnnel.
7 > > I needed to reduce MTU in front of the tunnel to make it work
8 > > correctly. But I think your problem is different.
9 >
10 > I'm not using IPsec or a VPN.
11 >
12 > > Does the http server backlog on the other side? Do you have performance
13 > > graphs for other parts of the system to see them in relation? Maybe
14 > > some router on the path doesn't work as expected.
15 >
16 > I've attached a graph of http response time, CPU usage, and TCP
17 > queueing over the past week. It seems clear from watching top, iotop,
18 > and free than my CPU is always the bottleneck on my server.
19
20 I'm going to throw one more tool at you; give atop a try. (htop is nice, too,
21 but atop is more powerful.)
24 :wq