From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: TCP Queuing problem
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 00:30:17
1 >> >> I haven't mentioned it yet, but several times I've seen the website
2 >> >> perform fine all day until I browse to it myself and then all of a
3 >> >> sudden it's super slow for me and my third-party monitor. WTF???
4 >> >
5 >> > I had a similar problems once when routing through a IPsec VPN tunnnel.
6 >> > I needed to reduce MTU in front of the tunnel to make it work
7 >> > correctly. But I think your problem is different.
8 >>
9 >> I'm not using IPsec or a VPN.
10 >>
11 >> > Does the http server backlog on the other side? Do you have performance
12 >> > graphs for other parts of the system to see them in relation? Maybe
13 >> > some router on the path doesn't work as expected.
14 >>
15 >> I've attached a graph of http response time, CPU usage, and TCP
16 >> queueing over the past week. It seems clear from watching top, iotop,
17 >> and free than my CPU is always the bottleneck on my server.
18 >
19 > I'm going to throw one more tool at you; give atop a try. (htop is nice, too,
20 > but atop is more powerful.)
23 I think I got it. I'll post all the gory details shortly.
24
25 - Grant