From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where's my wireless AP?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:09:44
1 On 18 Apr 2010, at 23:35, Mick wrote:
2 > ...
3 > OK, I found what the problem was ... the AP is currently transmitting
4 > on channel 13, which it seems is outside the capabilities of the b43
5 > driver. I am blaming the driver here because the Windows 7 OS has no
6 > problem using channel 13, while iwlist wlan0 in Gentoo shows only up
7 > to channel 11. :-(
8
9 There might be an option to change the region of your wifi NIC.
10 Channels 12 & 13 are legal in Europe, IIRC, but not in the USA.
11
12 You should be able to change the channel of the AP - typically they
13 have a drop-down which will choose either "auto" or a specific
14 channel. Likewise I have seen some APs ask what region you're in when
15 they're first setup.
16
17 Stroller.