From: "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best virtual machine for my needs
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:47:00
1 On 7/27/07, Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I need a way to use Napster or iTunes on Linux. (I don't like DRM but it's not
5 > my PC and not my decision)
6 >
7 > I think my best bet would be a virtual machine with Windows 2000 (I can spare
8 > the licence). The PC is an older AMD64 without AMD-V. Therefore I need
9 > something that
10 >
11 > a) is free or at least not expensive
12 > b) works without AMD-V and Intel-V
13 > c) works with Win2k
14 > d) simulates a CD recorder for burning the music (or do you know a better way
15 > to get rid of DRM again?)
16 >
17 > I hope my English was good enough to explain myself and you can help me.
18 >
19 > Thanks in advance!
20 >
21 > Florian Philipp
26 The only thing I can think of is "wine" (an emulator), which is in the
27 portage tree:
28
29 emerge -va wine
30
31 After that, there is a very good site for using wine with several programs:
32 http://frankscorner.org/
33
34 I know nothing on how to avoid all that DRM fiasco.
35
36 HTH
37
38 - AR
42 One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list