From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Motherboard support?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 04:28:19
1 On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:18, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Spidey / Claudio wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 00:34, Pandu Poluan<pandu@××××××.info>  wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On Sep 29, 2011 9:51 AM, "Dale"<rdalek1967@×××××.com>  wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>>
9 >>>> Now to be nosy, how many cores and how much ram you planning to put in
10 >>>> this new rig?  I have a 4 core 3.2Ghz CPU with 16Gbs of ram.  Compared
11 >>>> to my
12 >>>> older AMD 2500+ with 2Gbs of ram, the new rig is super fast.  My old rig
13 >>>> was
14 >>>> named smoker because at the time it was built, it was smoking.  My new
15 >>>> rig
16 >>>> is named fireball.  I guess lightening will be next.  After that,
17 >>>> someone
18 >>>> will just have to bury me.  Not much is faster than lightening.  lol
19 >>>
20 >>> In particle physics, there are faster-than-light particles called
21 >>> Tachyons
22 >>> :-)
23 >>>
24 >>> Rgds,
25 >>>
26 >> Better spend lots of time and planning on what machine will receive
27 >> that name: not many more things can be expected to be faster than
28 >> Tachyons.
32 > Dale makes note of the thing faster than light.  Maybe I will get to live
33 > longer now.  lol  I get about 7 to 8 years out of a build.  So, I just went
34 > from say 16 more years to say 24 or so.  At my age with my health, I need
35 > all the help I can get.
38 Call the next rig ultra-tachyon and you're good for 32 years ;-)
39
40 Rgds,
41 --
42 FdS Pandu E Poluan