From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lots of broken/missing dependencies when starting w/ stage1
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:42:54
1 * Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > What I remember is that stage1 is no longer supported and is for
6 > developers only. Theoretically, you can take i386, set your host
7 > to i686 and rebuild all, and you will get the same result.
8
9 I had to take stage1, since the others require kernel 2.6.
10 kernel. But my (some bit aged) knoppix boot cd is still on 2.4.
11
12 I'm not in office now and don't have an burner available,
13 otherwise I'd taken an recent gentoo install cd.
16 cu
17 --
19 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
21 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
22 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
23 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
24 http://patches.metux.de/
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list