From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lots of broken/missing dependencies when starting w/ stage1
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:19:32
1 Hello
2
3 On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:05:39PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
4 > after my notebook disk died, I started completely afresh with
5 > the newest stage1 (running within some bit aged knoppix).
6
7 What I remember is that stage1 is no longer supported and is for
8 developers only. Theoretically, you can take i386, set your host to i686
9 and rebuild all, and you will get the same result.
12 There is one difference between linux and windows.
13 With windows, you pay for the software, but you get all the T-shirts for free.
14 With linux, you get all the software for free, but you buy the T-shirts.
15
16 Michal "vorner" Vaner