From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] lots of broken/missing dependencies when starting w/ stage1
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:12:28
1 Hi folks,
4 after my notebook disk died, I started completely afresh with
5 the newest stage1 (running within some bit aged knoppix).
6
7 I remembered installing from stage1 quite easy: edit make.conf
8 etc, run bootstrap.sh and then begin to emerge all your packages.
9 But this didn't work: there seem to be many version and dependency
10 problems. I should have wrote evrything down, I can't remember
11 them all ...
12
13 For example, openssh failed because openssl was missing. And
14 emerge did not make any attempt to install it. So obviously
15 the dependency is missing. In fact the ebuild file does not
16 contain any dependency on openssl.
17
18 Another critical error was the toolchain killing itself.
19 After installing the new gcc for my target (stage1 comes w/
20 *i486*, I set *i686* in make.conf), it wanted the binutils for
21 that platform, which were missing. So I had to copy them from
22 *i486* to be able to at least build the binutils.
23
24 There were a lot of other problems which may be caused by
25 those I described above.
28 cu
29 --
31 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
33 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
34 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
35 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
36 http://patches.metux.de/
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list