From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vBulletin site causes Konqueror to hang
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:40:27
1 Hi,
2
3 There's a vBulletin forum I frequent:
4
5 http://forum.thinkbike.co.za
6
7 and my usual browser is Konqueror (just because kparts makes it so
8 convenient). Every so often, with no pattern I can find, this site hangs
9 Konqueror - cpu goes to 100% and the browser stays unresponsive.
10
11 I've tried various tricks to see what is going on when it does this, including
12 strace, to no avail. I have a hunch this started when I installed konq-
13 plugins, I have these enabled:
14
15 Adblock
16 bookmarklets
17 Crashes Monitor
18 KTHML settings
19 Konqueror feed icon
20 Search bar
21 translate
22 User Agent Changer
23 Web Archiver
24
25 My next step is to start the laborious process of disabling them one by one to
26 see if it makes a difference. Meanwhile, does anyone have suggestions for
27 clever trouble-shooting techniques to apply here?
28
29 I doubt anyone will have a solution to hand, just some pointers to likely
30 things to check is all I'm after at this stage.
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com