From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vBulletin site causes Konqueror to hang
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:30:20
1 On Dienstag 02 März 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > There's a vBulletin forum I frequent:
5 >
6 > http://forum.thinkbike.co.za
7 >
8 > and my usual browser is Konqueror (just because kparts makes it so
9 > convenient). Every so often, with no pattern I can find, this site hangs
10 > Konqueror - cpu goes to 100% and the browser stays unresponsive.
11 >
12 > I've tried various tricks to see what is going on when it does this,
13 > including strace, to no avail. I have a hunch this started when I
14 > installed konq- plugins, I have these enabled:
15 >
16 > Adblock
17 > bookmarklets
18 > Crashes Monitor
19 > KTHML settings
20 > Konqueror feed icon
21 > Search bar
22 > translate
23 > User Agent Changer
24 > Web Archiver
25 >
26 > My next step is to start the laborious process of disabling them one by one
27 > to see if it makes a difference. Meanwhile, does anyone have suggestions
28 > for clever trouble-shooting techniques to apply here?
29 >
30 > I doubt anyone will have a solution to hand, just some pointers to likely
31 > things to check is all I'm after at this stage.
32
33 without looking at that site - is there any flash stuff? What about javascript?
34 nspluginviewer is still a bitch - and buggy js can cause a tremendous amount
35 of cpu load.