From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vBulletin site causes Konqueror to hang
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:54:02
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Dienstag 02 März 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> There's a vBulletin forum I frequent:
7 >>
8 >> http://forum.thinkbike.co.za
9 >>
10 >> and my usual browser is Konqueror (just because kparts makes it so
11 >> convenient). Every so often, with no pattern I can find, this site hangs
12 >> Konqueror - cpu goes to 100% and the browser stays unresponsive.
13 >>
14 >> I've tried various tricks to see what is going on when it does this,
15 >> including strace, to no avail. I have a hunch this started when I
16 >> installed konq- plugins, I have these enabled:
17 >>
18 >> Adblock
19 >> bookmarklets
20 >> Crashes Monitor
21 >> KTHML settings
22 >> Konqueror feed icon
23 >> Search bar
24 >> translate
25 >> User Agent Changer
26 >> Web Archiver
27 >>
28 >> My next step is to start the laborious process of disabling them one by one
29 >> to see if it makes a difference. Meanwhile, does anyone have suggestions
30 >> for clever trouble-shooting techniques to apply here?
31 >>
32 >> I doubt anyone will have a solution to hand, just some pointers to likely
33 >> things to check is all I'm after at this stage.
34 >>
35 > without looking at that site - is there any flash stuff? What about javascript?
36 > nspluginviewer is still a bitch - and buggy js can cause a tremendous amount
37 > of cpu load.
42 Not knowing the site either, my weather radar site locks up when loading
43 the radar. It does this on Seamonkey, Firefox and a couple others BUT
44 Konqueror doesn't lock up at all. It doesn't animate any more tho but
45 it used to work fine. I think KDE 4 as a issue or I have a setting
46 wrong somewhere I do know the weather site uses java so most likely
47 java is causing the "issue". It to uses a lot of CPU when loading.
48
49 So, it may be java or it could be something else. I went to the site
50 you linked, it seemed to work fine with Seamonkey 2. It also worked in
51 Firefox and Konqueror. Is there a specific thing that you go to or just
52 the site in general? I wasn't logged in, just browsing as a guest.
53
54 Dale
55