From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:22:07
1 > From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
2
3 > Yes it is, I now I used to waste my time like that. Now I have a config
4 file that
5 > lists what needs to go into the initramfs and the kernel build
6 automatically
7 > pulls everything in for me. The only other thing I need is the init
8 script. So I
9 > get the benefit of hand crafting everything with the ease of automated
10 > building.
11
12 Are you saying your kernel build automatically rebuilds your initramfs for
13 you?
14
15 I'm using dracut now and I'm looking for a way to automate the rebuild and
16 installation of the initramfs image. I have them manually symlinked in /boot
17 to /boot/initramfs.img and /boot/initramgs.img.old, to match the vmlinuz and
18 vmlinuz.old symlinks from `make install`. Unfortunately I have to manage
19 those by hand, now, or the initramfs images get out of sync. I guess I could
20 write my own shell script to do it but is there an existing mechanism to
21 hook into for this?
22
23 --Mike