From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Typewriter sound
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:33:07
1 On 2011-08-31, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > why?
4 > man xset
5
6 Can you explain further?
7
8 I've read the xset man page, I've tried the 'c' option, and it does
9 absolutely nothing. To the best of my recollection, the 'xset c'
10 command has never done anything on any X11 machine I've used in the
11 past 15+ years. I have vague memories of it having done something on
12 Sun 3 hardware 20 years ago, but all it did was turn a "click" on/off.
13
14 > really guys. Why do it the long, hard and stupid way if there have been
15 > simple, built in solutions for longer than some of you live?
16
17 What solution is that?
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm using my X-RAY
21 at VISION to obtain a rare
22 gmail.com glimpse of the INNER
23 WORKINGS of this POTATO!!