From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Typewriter sound
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:51:10
1 On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I've read the xset man page, I've tried the 'c' option, and it does
4 > absolutely nothing.  To the best of my recollection, the 'xset c'
5 > command has never done anything on any X11 machine I've used in the
6 > past 15+ years.  I have vague memories of it having done something on
7 > Sun 3 hardware 20 years ago, but all it did was turn a "click" on/off.
8
9 My guess is that maybe it depends on either:
10
11 a) your keyboard having a speaker built-in
12 b) old school pc-speaker in your computer
13
14 but maybe I'm wrong. :)