From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo installation
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:45:52
1 On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:51:45 +0200, Petar Dimitrijevic wrote:
2
3 > I'm not cross compiling. I'm compiling the packages on i686 arch for
4 > i686 arch.
5
6 The C3 is i586 not i686. Compile for i686 and it will crash. I built a
7 system booting from CF on an Epia board and I used a variation on this
8 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-244837.html
9
10 Using a compressed filesystem lets you fit far more on the card, I had a
11 MythTV frontend in less than 256MB. This Wiki page may be worth a look
12 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Small_Footprint_Gentoo_on_USB
13
14 You can reduce the size of packages by adding nodoc, noman and noinfo to
15 FEATURES.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 It's ten o'clock; do you know where your processes are?