From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitioning strategy...?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:07:44
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:30:42 -0800
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Seriously, LVM looks mighty nice, but it also looks (and is!)
5 > > mighty complex.
6 >
7 > I'm exactly as you are WRT to LVM but I admired Dale for giving it a
8 > shot and I'm sorta feeling like I gotta start learn it just to be part
9 > of the group... ;-)
10
11 The only reasons people find LVM complicated is that the man pages
12 could stand some re-writing and that most of the guides out on the
13 intartubes and writing by people equally confused. They give a bunch of
14 examples and don't explain what all the building blocks of LVM are.
15
16 Neil said earlier to spend an hour learning it - this is excellent
17 advice.
18
19 The gentoo docs were very good last time I looked at them, but that was
20 3+ years ago. I doubt they've changed much.
23 Alan McKinnnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com