From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql... drives me crazy
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:09:57
1 On 19 September 2010 21:12, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 16:02 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I'm not a mysql guru but what that bastard is doing it's drive me crazy.
6 >>
7 >> version:5.1.50-r1 installed from portage
8 >>
9 >> So...
10 >> I have installed and working fine.
11 >> I have installed phpmyadmin too and it's working fine. I can log in... :)
12 >> I wanted to create a database but after I gave the database's name and
13 >> click "Create" button the phpmyadmin kicked me out. Now, I can't log
14 >> in and there is no error message or something.
15 >> I'have tried to fix it with mysql_permission but there is no result. I
16 >> can't log in through phpmyadmin. But, I can log in through terminal.
17 >
18 > So your problem seems to be with phpmyadmin, not with MySQL per sé.
19
20 Basicly, I don't know what is the root cause, Mysql or Phpmyadmin?
21
22 >> I don't like mysql console because this is an uncomfortable, non
23 >> usable little piece of something.
24 >
25 > Yet it works...
26 >
27 > Seems to me more like the phpmyadmin is the "non usable" such and such.
28
29 Yes, it works. :) But annoying that fact there is no comfortable way
30 to handle my databases and more annoying that I can't solve this
31 problem.
32 What is your opinion, what should I have to do? It's not problem to
33 learn use mysql from console.
36 - -
37 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
38 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
39 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell