From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql... drives me crazy
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:12:59
1 On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 16:02 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm not a mysql guru but what that bastard is doing it's drive me crazy.
5 >
6 > version:5.1.50-r1 installed from portage
7 >
8 > So...
9 > I have installed and working fine.
10 > I have installed phpmyadmin too and it's working fine. I can log in... :)
11 > I wanted to create a database but after I gave the database's name and
12 > click "Create" button the phpmyadmin kicked me out. Now, I can't log
13 > in and there is no error message or something.
14 > I'have tried to fix it with mysql_permission but there is no result. I
15 > can't log in through phpmyadmin. But, I can log in through terminal.
16
17 So your problem seems to be with phpmyadmin, not with MySQL per sé.
18
19 > I don't like mysql console because this is an uncomfortable, non
20 > usable little piece of something.
21
22 Yet it works...
23
24 Seems to me more like the phpmyadmin is the "non usable" such and such.