From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: encfs/fuse fails after update world
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 23:45:12
1 Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On Saturday 02 June 2007 05:25:33 pm reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >> Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> writes:
5 >> > On Saturday 02 June 2007 06:47:10 am reader@×××××××.com wrote:
6 >> >> Following recent update world, encfs encrypted partition refuses to
7 >> >> mount with error:
8 >> >> EncFS Password:
9 >> >> Error decoding volume key, password incorrect
10 >> >
11 >> > I had my fill of enfs a while back and now deploy ecryptfs in it's
12 >> > place. The best part about ecryptfs is that the filesystem deriver is in
13 >> > recent kernel sources.
14 >>
15 >> It appears not to have usefull documentaion... only the usual manpage
16 >> that assumes you already know how to use it.
17 >>
18 >> Do you know of any `getting started' type documentation?
19 >
20 > It's hosted on sourceforge.net. Google will turn up a lot of information...
21 > but here's what I do...
22
23 Been there and seen it before posting... not so usefull in my
24 opinion. (The docu I mean)
25 >
26 > mount -t ecryptfs /crypt /crypt -o
27 > rw,key=passphrase,ecryptfs_key_bytes=32,cipher=aes,passthrough=no
28 >
29 > /crypt on /crypt type ecryptfs
30 > (rw,ecryptfs_sig=cf5c9b2c19863be6,ecryptfs_key_bytes=32,ecryptfs_cipher=aes,)
31
32 But your little walk thru... now that is good stuff.
33 Why oh why don't manpages always end with nifty simple examples... hehe.
34
35 Thanks for the nifty tour.
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list