From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:23:59
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 27/12/2016 01:02, lee wrote:
4 >> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> On 26/12/2016 21:42, lee wrote:
7 >>>> Well, I guess you haven't realised yet that reality doesn't exist.
8 >>>> Bubbles are a self-imposed limit for those who believe in reality.
9 >>>> You probably hit that wall and now try hard to remain confined.
10 >>>>
11 >>>> Unfortunately, this won't make sense to you until you come to realise.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>> I *strongly* recommend you cease insulting people's intelligence on this
15 >>> list.
16 >>
17 >> It was not my intention to do that, and if I did, I apologize.
18 >>
19 >> Different people realise different things. There are many things I will
20 >> never realise and others I have. There are things I won't understand
21 >> before I have realised what is necessary to realise to understand them.
22 >> Finding that someone won't understand something before they have
23 >> realised something doesn't insult anyones intelligence.
26 > OK.
27 >
28 > I think you need to step back a little and apply the above to this
29 > situation. By that I mean how you are interacting with others, not the
30 > various questions about systemd, how many NICs a board has in general
31 > and so on.
32 >
33 > The results you are getting are far from optimum - you may eventually
34 > get an answer that satisfies you but in general it is involving long
35 > winding threads that frustrate others.
36 >
37 > So I suggest you apply reason and investigation to determine why that
38 > might be so.
39 >
40 > One highly workable method is when you find yourself taking a contrary
41 > position and about to explain why you think what you think, then reverse
42 > it. Instead, state that you disagree, that you think something else and
43 > invite the other to explain why they are saying what they are saying.
44 > This method has high success in revealing to you what it is you have to
45 > realise first, as you mention above)
50 >>> This list (gentoo-user) contains the brightest minds, widest range of
51 >>> experience (both CS-related and just generally in life), most articulate
52 >>> and surprisingly, most tolerant, bunch of people I have ever come across
53 >>> online; and I've been here for 10 years and doing online for 20+ years
54 >>> and the above is not meant idly.
55 >>>
56 >>> I can't watch you type and I can't get in your headspace but based just
57 >>> on what I read from you, your communications say something that is
58 >>> frankly, very insulting to those individuals. There is no need to
59 >>> disparage someone else just because their frame of reference differs
60 >>> from yours.
61 >>>
62 >>> Alan
63 >>>
64 >>> p.s. You have a very long way to go still before you begin to match
65 >>> Dale's contributions here.
66 >>
67 >> So this is supposed to be a competition?
68 >
69 > No, it's about people and how people communicate concepts and ideas.
70 > It's about how Dale is a long term contributor and people generally
71 > think well of him and how statistically he is right more often than he
72 > is wrong. He's worth paying attention to.
73
74 I see what you mean. Dale must be pretty annoyed by me.
75
76 Sorry, Dale.