From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 09:08:56
1 On 27/12/2016 01:02, lee wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> On 26/12/2016 21:42, lee wrote:
5 >>> Well, I guess you haven't realised yet that reality doesn't exist.
6 >>> Bubbles are a self-imposed limit for those who believe in reality.
7 >>> You probably hit that wall and now try hard to remain confined.
8 >>>
9 >>> Unfortunately, this won't make sense to you until you come to realise.
12 >> I *strongly* recommend you cease insulting people's intelligence on this
13 >> list.
14 >
15 > It was not my intention to do that, and if I did, I apologize.
16 >
17 > Different people realise different things. There are many things I will
18 > never realise and others I have. There are things I won't understand
19 > before I have realised what is necessary to realise to understand them.
20 > Finding that someone won't understand something before they have
21 > realised something doesn't insult anyones intelligence.
24 OK.
25
26 I think you need to step back a little and apply the above to this
27 situation. By that I mean how you are interacting with others, not the
28 various questions about systemd, how many NICs a board has in general
29 and so on.
30
31 The results you are getting are far from optimum - you may eventually
32 get an answer that satisfies you but in general it is involving long
33 winding threads that frustrate others.
34
35 So I suggest you apply reason and investigation to determine why that
36 might be so.
37
38 One highly workable method is when you find yourself taking a contrary
39 position and about to explain why you think what you think, then reverse
40 it. Instead, state that you disagree, that you think something else and
41 invite the other to explain why they are saying what they are saying.
42 This method has high success in revealing to you what it is you have to
43 realise first, as you mention above)
48 >> This list (gentoo-user) contains the brightest minds, widest range of
49 >> experience (both CS-related and just generally in life), most articulate
50 >> and surprisingly, most tolerant, bunch of people I have ever come across
51 >> online; and I've been here for 10 years and doing online for 20+ years
52 >> and the above is not meant idly.
53 >>
54 >> I can't watch you type and I can't get in your headspace but based just
55 >> on what I read from you, your communications say something that is
56 >> frankly, very insulting to those individuals. There is no need to
57 >> disparage someone else just because their frame of reference differs
58 >> from yours.
59 >>
60 >> Alan
61 >>
62 >> p.s. You have a very long way to go still before you begin to match
63 >> Dale's contributions here.
64 >
65 > So this is supposed to be a competition?
66
67 No, it's about people and how people communicate concepts and ideas.
68 It's about how Dale is a long term contributor and people generally
69 think well of him and how statistically he is right more often than he
70 is wrong. He's worth paying attention to.
73 Alan McKinnon
74 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com