From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:06:22
1 On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Tomas Krasnican <krasko@××××××.sk> wrote:
2
3 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > As of today, my apache2 web server seems to refuse to start. I've tried
5 > > a system reboot, to no avail --
6 > > connections are refused on port 80.
7 >
8 > I think that apache will try to create listener on address:port, which have
9 > already created (because it is possibly defined that).
10 > After this fail apache will die and you can't see any active listener on
11 > this port in netstat -l, thats correct.
12 >
13 > Try to check for twice definition of the same listener.
14 >
15 > Or, example, if you have listener for 0.0.0.0:80 and you trying to create
16 > listener for 1.2.3.4.80.
17 >
18 > ...or dubble include of the same configuration file? I don't know, if is it
19 > possible...
20 >
21 > Regards,
22 > Tomas Krasnican
25 Thanks, but...
26
27 Grepping for Listen, all I see is
28
29 hexDirs.conf:Listen 64.166.164.49:80
30 hexDirs.conf:Listen localhost:80
31
32 And grepping for Includes, I find nothing suspicious or cyclic.
35 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD