From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Canonical place to list modules to load
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:36:29
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:38:09 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Unlikely, as long as you run etc-update or equivalent. The ebuild
6 >>> takes care of migrating several config files, you only need to follow
7 >>> the steps in the migration guide referred to in the elog messages.
8 >>>
11 >> I did that with the xorg upgrade, followed the guide. I still can't get
12 >> it to work. I'm on the old xorg now. That's why I dread some of these
13 >> upgrades. Broke OS or broke X bothers me.
16 > The difference is that this one is under the direct control of Gentoo
17 > devs, so it really ought to work, and does.
22 That is what I have heard and am hoping for. I think the things the
23 devs do is better than upstream most of the time.
24
25 Dale
26