From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem upgrading to apache 2.4.7 from 2.2.26
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:27:10
1 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 24 Feb 2014 13:43, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Hi. I am having problems upgrading to apache 2.4.7 from 2.2.26. It
6 > > seems mod_perl and mod_python require <apache2.4 in their ebuilds.
7 > > Anyway to fix this or am I stuck with the apache2.2 series? I was doing
8 > > this in my normal upgrade process and I postponed this particular mess
9 > > for quite a while, but now I have to make a decision one way or the
10 > > other.
11 > >
12 > > I am running the unstable gentoo x86_64.
13 > >
14 > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
15 > >
16 > > --
17 > > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 > > How do
19 > > you spend it?
20 > >
21 > > John Covici
22 > > covici@××××××××××.com
25 > It's quite possible that those modules need 2.2. Check upstream? If they're
26 > compatible, then just modify the ebuild and report a bug.
27
28 Looks like they don't work with the 2.4 series, so I will just mask that
29 and go on with my update.
30
31 Thanks.
35 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
36 How do
37 you spend it?
38
39 John Covici