From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] procmail, formail and maildir for digests...
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:42:25
1 On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:32 +0100, Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
2 > Kevin Fullerton wrote:
3 > > Here's the procmail recipe I use with maildir folders and the Gentoo lists - I think as long as procmail is setup with maildir support you just need to set your MAILDIR var and use a trailing slash and it knows it'd delivering to a MailDir.
4 > >
5 > Ahhhh, I guess I hadn't been as clear as I could have been. I have an
6 > almost identical setup to yours right now and that allows me to use
7 > procmail to deliver to maildir... The problem I have is that I want to
8 > use formail to split my digests into individual messages (because large
9 > digests play havoc with IMAP, and to make replies easier) - but I can
10 > only find documentation showing how to use formail to split digests into
11 > mbox format. Unsurprisingly the silly attempt below doesn't work (as "|
12 > formail..." is interpreted by /bin/sh.) :
13 > --
14 >
15 > :0
16 > * ^List-Id:.*<gentoo-user.gentoo.org>
17 > | formail +1 -ds >> gentoo_user/
18 >
19 > --
20 >
21 > Is formail the right tool for me to use here? Is there a tool to
22 > deliver an mbox of messages to a maildir that I can use in place of '>>
23 > gentoo_user/' above?
26 There's probably an easier way to do this, but couldn't you use formail
27 to split your digests into individual mails in mbox format and then use
28 another tool to covert those mboxes to maildir? You could use a cron
29 job...
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list