From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] procmail, formail and maildir for digests...
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:36:27
1 Kevin Fullerton wrote:
2 > Here's the procmail recipe I use with maildir folders and the Gentoo lists - I think as long as procmail is setup with maildir support you just need to set your MAILDIR var and use a trailing slash and it knows it'd delivering to a MailDir.
3 >
4 Ahhhh, I guess I hadn't been as clear as I could have been. I have an
5 almost identical setup to yours right now and that allows me to use
6 procmail to deliver to maildir... The problem I have is that I want to
7 use formail to split my digests into individual messages (because large
8 digests play havoc with IMAP, and to make replies easier) - but I can
9 only find documentation showing how to use formail to split digests into
10 mbox format. Unsurprisingly the silly attempt below doesn't work (as "|
11 formail..." is interpreted by /bin/sh.) :
14 :0
15 * ^List-Id:.*<gentoo-user.gentoo.org>
16 | formail +1 -ds >> gentoo_user/
20 Is formail the right tool for me to use here? Is there a tool to
21 deliver an mbox of messages to a maildir that I can use in place of '>>
22 gentoo_user/' above?
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list