From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: installation failure
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:59:06
1 On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:46:44 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Er, no. You don't. You really, really REALLY don't want to go Stage
5 > 1 :-)
6 >
7 > My second install was a stage 1, way back in the day when the stage 3s
8 > weren't fully usable out of the box yet. My first was a stage 2 (fully
9 > documented back then) and for the second one I decided to be brave.
10 >
11 > I did learn something, but it really wasn't worth the effort.
12
13 For my second or third install I also used a stage 2, and I completely
14 agree with you.