From: Alexander <b3nder@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome & keychain
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:56:15
1 On Friday 29 January 2010 19:45:53 Roger Mason wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have previously used keychain as per the gentoo docs. Once I
5 > supplied the SSH passphrase at the console I was able to access other
6 > machines without providing a password.
7 >
8 > I have just started using gnome and am logging in using gdm. When I log
9 > in I am not asked for a passphrase. If I start a screen session in an
10 > xterm I'm prompted for my passphrase. Then I start a new xterm and use
11 > it to ssh to another machine and a dialogue opens asking for the
12 > passphrase.
13 >
14 > I would like to know how to configure gdm/gnome to ask for the
15 > passprhase once, at login so that I don't have to enter it multiple
16 > times.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 > Roger
23 try to install app-crypt/seahorse and maybe app-crypt/seahorse-plugins