From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bug
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:03:19
1 Am 19.04.2010 00:41, schrieb dan blum:
2 > Dale,
3 >
4 > Thanks for following up. HOw do you start a new thread?
5 >
6 > It is slightly annoying when you change a setting and reverts back to the original; the whole (computer) system should be more user friendly. Either way, it is good that there is an "easy" fix, which I will do.
7 >
8 > I will have much more complex issues to discuss shortly.
9 >
10 > Thanks.
11 >
12 [...]
13
14 Hi,
15
16 well there might be more than one way but usually I move my mouse to the
17 "new email" option in thunderbird. Then I write
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o in the field "to". So I am set.
19 The difference is: when you use answer and just change the subject
20 field, it still is shown as answer to the other email. If you ever tried
21 to find something with google from a mailing list you pretty fast start
22 to hat those guys.
23
24 Also keep in mind, that the subject field should be a little more
25 catchy. Things like "help", "bug", "to all veterans" ... will likely
26 lead to very few readers.
27
28 Also most people on this list (I hope this won't start a discussion
29 again) don't like top posting.
30
31 Regards
32