From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Network Topology Diagrams
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 04:50:47
1 Hi,
2
3 lanmap2's github -- what it seems the only source for
4 the source of it -- points to a 404 Error page.
5
6 Is there any other, valid link to it?
7
8 Best regards,
9 mcc
13 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [11-08-10 03:00]:
14 > Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira <at> gmail.com> writes:
17 > > > Zenmap - part of net-analyzer/nmap can do that for you.
18 >
19 > Yes, most excellent to map a network.
22 > > There is also net-misc/lanmap not sure how effective it is.
23 > Ah, I found this and the homepage suggest lanmap2 as
24 > a newer, better software. There is no ebuild for lanmap2.
25 >
26 > Yes, I have used Dia. I was hoping for some level of automation
27 > between discovery (nmap/zenmap) and a drawing tool
28 > that make what you discover easy to edit/annotate
29 > and then drop to a printer to print drawings
30 > for meetings and such.
31 >
32 > I did find this also in portage, mentioned here
33 > just in case anyone else needs to make drawing
34 > and diagrams.
35 >
36 > app-admin/rackview
37 > Generate HTML page displaying computer rack layout
40 > Thanks for all of the input.
43 > James