From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Network Topology Diagrams
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:57:16
1 Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > Zenmap - part of net-analyzer/nmap can do that for you.
5
6 Yes, most excellent to map a network.
9 > There is also net-misc/lanmap not sure how effective it is.
10 Ah, I found this and the homepage suggest lanmap2 as
11 a newer, better software. There is no ebuild for lanmap2.
12
13 Yes, I have used Dia. I was hoping for some level of automation
14 between discovery (nmap/zenmap) and a drawing tool
15 that make what you discover easy to edit/annotate
16 and then drop to a printer to print drawings
17 for meetings and such.
18
19 I did find this also in portage, mentioned here
20 just in case anyone else needs to make drawing
21 and diagrams.
22
23 app-admin/rackview
24 Generate HTML page displaying computer rack layout
27 Thanks for all of the input.
30 James