From: Peter Gille <farfargoth@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Qt 4 programs segfault on startup
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:43:37
1 On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Peter Gille wrote:
7 >> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de<mailto:
8 >> realnc@×××××.de>> wrote:
9 >>
10 >> Peter Gille wrote:
11 >>
12 >> Hello list,
13 >>
14 >> All of the programs on my computer using qt4 segfaults on startup.
17 >> Did you try revdep-rebuild?
20 >> Yes. The only broken binaries I have are from virtualbox, which shouldn't
21 >> affect anything.
22 >> emerge @preserved-rebuild only showed quake3 as broken.
23 >> I have already re-emerged those two anyway.
26 > Did you check if the programs in question really do depend only on Qt4?
27 > Try the ldd tool to see the libs a binary uses.
33 > I do have "-qt4" in the USE flags though. Try that and see how many
34 > packages this would rebuild (emerge -pDN world). Yeah, this is pretty much
35 > shotgun debugging, but it might point to the culprit :P
38 I tried this, and compared the list to the list of packages with files in
39 /usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/ since I had read that some people had had similar
40 problems with files there. app-i18n/uim-1.5.4-r1 was one of the packages and
41 when I re-emerged it with USE="-qt4" it appears that programs start again.
42 So thank you for fixing it.
43
44 However, i use this program to input japanese characters in some of the
45 documents I write. Is anyone aware of any other input systems which can
46 input japanese? Or will I still be able to input japanese into qt4 programs?
47
48 regards
49 / peter