From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Qt 4 programs segfault on startup
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:51:38
1 Peter Gille wrote:
4 > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de
5 > <mailto:realnc@×××××.de>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Peter Gille wrote:
8 >
9 > Hello list,
10 >
11 > All of the programs on my computer using qt4 segfaults on startup.
14 > Did you try revdep-rebuild?
17 > Yes. The only broken binaries I have are from virtualbox, which
18 > shouldn't affect anything.
19 > emerge @preserved-rebuild only showed quake3 as broken.
20 > I have already re-emerged those two anyway.
21
22 Did you check if the programs in question really do depend only on Qt4?
23 Try the ldd tool to see the libs a binary uses.
24
25 I do have "-qt4" in the USE flags though. Try that and see how many
26 packages this would rebuild (emerge -pDN world). Yeah, this is pretty
27 much shotgun debugging, but it might point to the culprit :P