From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting past captchas with vision issues.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 18:42:17
1 On 29/09/2020 09:02, Dale wrote:
2 > If Seamonkey dies, I have no idea what I'm going to do for emails.  I
3 > got emails going back to when I first started using the internet.  Heck,
4 > I may have the first email I ever sent.  o_O  Whatever I use, I hope I
5 > can import or just copy them over.  Otherwise, I'm going to be unhappy.
6 > Makes me think back to the hal days.  O_O
7
8 iirc, Thunderbird (and I guess Seamonkey) use mbox format as their
9 internal format. Pretty much all Unix mail clients use mbox, so
10 salvaging your old email shouldn't be a problem. It's nasty things like
11 Outlook where I've lost a large stash of old emails :-(
12
13 The other thing is, I've got Courier-Imap on my system, so it doesn't
14 mattter which client I use, so long as it supports imap. My emails
15 aren't stored in Thunderbird ... (makes it nice, because that's on my
16 main system, and all my laptops point to it so mail is always sync'd)
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol