From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box DRI problem : more
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:15:47
1 071031 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Meanwhile, what I believed to be a small irritant is proving a show-stopper.
3 > Leaving aside DRI, the display from the new machine spills off the screen:
4
5 See previous msg for full horror story, but I did check the DPI :
6 both machines show 99x98 in answer to 'xdpyinfo'.
7 There have been a lot of confused & frustrated users on the Forum recently
8 & a surprising lack of resolution of problems in this area:
9 perhaps I've fallen over the cutting into the bleeding edge with my G33.
10
11 One suggestion (repeated twice) was to try xf86-video-i810-1.7.4 ,
12 which is said to lack a bug introduced in newer versions. Mb tomorrow ...
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list