From: Sean Higgins <sean@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Personal firewall for Linux?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:00:04
1 Matt,
2
3 Check out net-firewall/firestarter, http://www.fs-security.com/, it is a gui
4 frontend for iptables and has a way to monitor the communication.
5
6 Sean
7
8 On Monday 29 August 2005 02:54 pm, Matt Randolph wrote:
9 > I've seen related threads here recently, but I think my question is
10 > different enough to warrant a new thread.
11 >
12 > I'm looking for a personal firewall along the lines of the ZoneAlarm
13 > product for Windows. I don't want to take the time to teach myself
14 > iptables if there is a simple alternative.
15 >
16 > I'm not trying to do anything complicated like protect a LAN or include
17 > a DMZ or run an ftp server or anything like that. I'm just looking for
18 > a quick and easy way to add another layer of protection to my desktop by
19 > closing all unused ports.
20 >
21 > A GUI is preferred but is not required.
22 >
23 > Any suggestions?
24 >
25 > (If you dare answer,) what firewall do you use and why did you choose it?
28 Sean Higgins, sean@×××××××.com
29 http://www.systura.com - "Where information becomes knowledge."
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list