From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote ssh session does not reflect my keyboard inputs
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:19:39
1 On Tuesday 08 May 2007 12:53, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 7 May 2007 23:12:31 +0100 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
5 >
6 > wrote:
7 > > =================
8 > > $ echo $TERM
9 > > rxvt
10 > >
11 > > $ sudo echo $TERM
12 > > rxvt
13 > > =================
14 > > which is the same like my Gentoo box.
15 >
16 > That doesn't matter. Question is rather whether the target machine has
17 > an entry in its terminfo db (/usr/share/terminfo). On ubuntu, this is
18 > provided by ncurses-base (so I would suspect it might be installed).
19 >
20 > You can also try to set TERM to "vt102" or "vt100":
21 > $ export TERM=vt102
22 >
23 > But if it works this way, that would mean /usr/share/terminfo/r/rxvt is
24 > borked. Note that there might be terminfo databases w/ higher
25 > precedence in /etc/terminfo and /lib/terminfo.
26
27 I've tried bind -p | grep history and it did not work:
28 ==========================================
29 $ sudo bind -p | grep history
30 Password:
31 sudo: bind: command not found
32 ==========================================
33
34 I also tried changing the terminal once I logged in to the remote machine, but
35 I am getting the same error:
37 $ export TERM=vt100
38 $ ^[[B^[[B
40