From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE, sddm etc security. Plus LVM question.
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:43:25
1 Anna “CyberTailor” wrote:
2 > On 2022-03-19 06:08, Dale wrote:
3 >> Anna “CyberTailor” wrote:
4 >>> The only secure lockscreen is XScreenSaver.
5 >>> https://www.jwz.org/blog/2021/01/i-told-you-so-2021-edition/
6 >> I have that installed here.  Question now is, is that what locks my
7 >> screen or is KDE/sddm/something else doing that besides xscreensaver.
8 >> From my poking around, I don't think I'm using xscreensaver.  I'm trying
9 >> to figure out how that works so I can get it to be used with KDE and any
10 >> other GUI I use.  Being able to use ctrl+alt=L would be a nice bonus.
11 > Add a custom keybinding for Ctrl+Alt+L so it executes:
12 >
13 > xscreensaver-command --lock
18 I found a guide, it's in the man page to, here:
19
20 https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/man1.html
21
22 I scrolled down to the KDE bits and at points it got interesting because
23 KDE moves files around.  Anyway, he pointed to files that are installed
24 by emerge which gets changed on update.  He even admitted it would.  So,
25 I found the file in /home/dale/.config/kscreenlockerrc and I copied the
26 original file in case I need to go back.  That shouldn't be affected by
27 updates.
28
29 Everything else was fine in the instructions.  I'm in the middle of
30 stuff right now so I'll test it out later.  I'll also need to research
31 that keyboard shortcut.  I remember seeing it in system settings
32 somewhere.  I think I changed a couple ages ago and it was pretty
33 straight foreword.
34
35 Thanks for the info.
36