From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:46:26
1 On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:37:09 -0800
3 > Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Okay, I'll go re-wire my tin hat now. Hope someone found this amusing.
6 >
7 > One other thought I'd has was, well, as long as systemd doesn't, like,
8 > implement some kind of net protocol, so to make it possible to ship
9 > logs from systemdjournalcontrol.
10
11 Of course it has; you can configure the journal to send the logs of
12 different machines to a central server, so even if the machine gets
13 compromised, the logs just prior to the attack are available for
14 analysis. If you are *really* interested in the topic, take a look at
15 this neat LWN article about it [1].
16
17 [ sniped the rest of the conspiracy theory ]
18
19 Regards.
20
21 [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/512895/