From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ncurses seems to behave in a strange manner
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 16:12:24
1 Hi there,
2
3 I've been wondering for a long time why is this happening, and I
4 couldn't find a reason, so here's my question.
5
6 When I sometimes use my Gentoo 2006.0 (or now 2006.1) minimal live-cd
7 to do some tasks, I appreciate that if I enter into my root
8 /usr/src/linux and run 'make menuconfig' ncurses paint lines
9 perfectly, and everything is showed as should.
10
11 I haven't got X installed, it is a terminal computer. When I run (now
12 in my system, not with live-cd running) for example 'mp3blaster'
13 [ncurses based app], or 'tmsnc' it looks as if there not redrawing as
14 they should.
15
16 But there is more: I thought that maybe it was a problem of those apps
17 and that they weren't as polished as they should, but when I run 'make
18 menuconfig' to update some kind of thing of my kernel, I see that all
19 those lines that were showed smoothly with my live-cd now are
20 malformed and dialogs are just ugly, and not pretty.
21
22 I am using vesafb-tng, with a ~x86 system. I do use bootsplash (well,
23 splashutils and friends), but if I don't load it [I have another grub
24 option that does not start it] it happens the same.
25
26 I don't know what issues are happening into my ncurses libs.
27
28 Thank you for your attention,
29 Rafael Fernandez Lopez.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list