From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 22:19:14
1 On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:30:16 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2
3 > The files within the initramfs generation tool are compiled using
4 > different tool than portage, they are not updated when distribution is
5 > updated, and they are not even at same version within portage tree.
6 >
7 > It may be acceptable for you... but do not expect everyone will accept
8 > your setup.
9
10 That's a limitation of dracut, not of the initramfs per se.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter."