From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Safe systemd "reload" command
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 16:10:00
1 On 06/05/2016 11:37 AM, J. García wrote:
2 >>
3 > It works, and is harmless as you say, but since I'm not running OpenRC,
4 > it prints a warning to stderr about openrc not running, at least I find
5 > that a bit annoying,
6
7 Oh ok, I didn't know about that. Yes it would be annoying to have that
8 emailed to you every day. The first line of the script redirects stdout,
9
10 # First, redirect stdout to /dev/null.
11 exec 1>/dev/null
12
13 but stderr is left intact.
16 > The following message is print every time /etc/init.d/{spamd,amavisd}
17 > status is run, e.g.:
18 >
19 > # /etc/init.d/spamd status
20 > * You are attempting to run an openrc service on a
21 > * system which openrc did not boot.
22 > ...
25 Does that happen with rc-service, too? Or only with the init script
26 (which uses openrc-run)? I recently updated the job on the wiki to use
27 rc-service after we've checked that it exists.
28
29 If it still prints the error, I'll just redirect stderr to /dev/null
30 during the check.