From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Shhhhhhh... it's not a tax; it's actually a subsidy
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:06:05
1 On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:17:30PM +0000, Mick wrote
2
3 > TBH, I wouldn't pay money for it but as many OEM impose a MSWindows tax on
4 > all of us I had no other option if I wanted to buy this particular laptop.
5
6 Shhhhhhh... it's not a tax; it's actually. The reason that so many
7 OEMs load up their new machines with "craplets" is because they get paid
8 good money by the publishers of these apps to load them on. That in
9 turn reduces the price of a PC by more than what an OEM Windows licence
10 costs.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>