From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rng-tools
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:08:21
1 On Mar 3, 2012 9:05 PM, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:48:59 -0500
4 > Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > So I've been making extensive use of rngd on one of my Debian servers,
7 > > and I wanted to make use of it on a couple of my Gentoo boxes. Only to
8 > > find out that two parameters I need, -T and -R, aren't available, even
9 > > when I unmask version '3' in portage. Even the manpage contains
10 > > 'FIXME' where the Debian manpage contains much more information.
11 > >
12 > > The version of the rng-tools Debian package I'm using is
13 > > '2-unofficial-mt.14-1~60squeeze1'. Are the -T and -R parameters unique
14 > > to Debian, or is the Gentoo package simply out of date?
17 > You should download the .deb and see if it contains custom patches
18 > (rather likely actually). If you want those patches applied, stick them
19 > in /etc/portage/patches/ in the proper place.
20 >
21 > I can never remember how all that stuff works, I have to Google it each
22 > time :-) Start here if you haven't heard of user-custom patch
23 > support in portage yet:
24 >
25 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-791464.html
26 >
27 http://klaig.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-apply-user-patches-in-portage.html
31 Remember that it depends on whether the ebuild for the package support user
32 patches or not.
33
34 Rgds,