From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rng-tools
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:02:17
1 On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:48:59 -0500
2 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > So I've been making extensive use of rngd on one of my Debian servers,
5 > and I wanted to make use of it on a couple of my Gentoo boxes. Only to
6 > find out that two parameters I need, -T and -R, aren't available, even
7 > when I unmask version '3' in portage. Even the manpage contains
8 > 'FIXME' where the Debian manpage contains much more information.
9 >
10 > The version of the rng-tools Debian package I'm using is
11 > '2-unofficial-mt.14-1~60squeeze1'. Are the -T and -R parameters unique
12 > to Debian, or is the Gentoo package simply out of date?
15 You should download the .deb and see if it contains custom patches
16 (rather likely actually). If you want those patches applied, stick them
17 in /etc/portage/patches/ in the proper place.
18
19 I can never remember how all that stuff works, I have to Google it each
20 time :-) Start here if you haven't heard of user-custom patch
21 support in portage yet:
22
23 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-791464.html
24 http://klaig.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-apply-user-patches-in-portage.html