From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Two identical systems - different!
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 01:39:30
1 Hello list,
2
3 While wrestling with my owncloud problem I decided to re-install the server
4 box from scratch. It's a little Atom box so I keep a 32-bit chroot on this
5 machine (the one I'm writing this on), nfs-mount the server's packages
6 directory in the chroot and do all the heavy emerge work on the i5 here. The
7 contents of /etc/portage/* are identical in both systems, with minor
8 exceptions detailing --jobs= and the proxies (the server serves the portage
9 tree and is the rsync host, and it can't do that for itself until http-
10 replicator etc. are in place).
11
12 I got as far as installing a recent stage 3 and adding nfs-utils so that I
13 could export the package directory. Then I ran emerge -eavK world (I'd already
14 rebuilt all the packages in the chroot before zapping the server). You'll
15 never guess what happened. Well, actually, I hope someone can because I'm
16 stumped again.
17
18 $ OPTIONS="backtrack=100" emerge -pvKe world
19 ...
20 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "app-arch/bzip2" have been masked.
21 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
22 - app-arch/bzip2-1.0.6-r3::gentoo (masked by: backtracking: slot conflict)
23
24 Bzip2 installs happily if specified by itself. Portage is at version 2.2.7, and
25 I did remember to set the active python version to 2.7 before starting all
26 this.
27
28 Now that I think of it, this slot conflict over bzip2 was among the reasons I
29 decided to zap the server and start anew. The cure hasn't fixed the ailment.
30
31 Has anyone any ideas?
34 Regards
35 Peter